Friday, March 20, 2009

J'Accuse!

Sonnygirl at RUFKM has an oddly compelling argument that Nancy Grace killed Caylee Anthony. I think Sonnygirl (if that's his real name) does an excellent job of pointing out the competing weaknesses and strengths of her conjecture; anyone who makes the effort to critically examine their own arguments objectively deserves to be (at least) listened to. Which 1) is why I won't listen to Nancy Grace, and 2) is why I think we should lock up Nancy Grace right now. Better safe than sorry. Because the more I think it through, Sonnygirl's argument could almost be extended to suspecting that Nancy Grace had committed every murder in the US over the last 4 or 5 years... at least those involving young, attractive, white victims.

5 comments:

The O'Sheas said...

that's brilliant; nice find

loosecannon said...

Thanks for the mention! Sonnygirl is one of our newest contributors. Glad you enjoyed it.

Dean Wormer said...

I love it when people like loosecannon and yourself tear the stupid apart using basic logic.

Micgar said...

This is awesome! My wife and I were just talking about this last night! I was telling her about how I wondered how someone like Grace could even have a show-she berates any expert(s) who don't agree with her assumptions of guilt or non guilt-(usually she thinks everyone is guilty) and like the post said, has not stopped yapping about the Cayleigh case since it broke. If I hear her say "Top Mom" again, I swear, I'll......do something!

SonnyGirl said...

Thank you so much for your mention of my post! That was quite a pleasant surprise. You may be shocked to hear that there's some people out there who were terribly offended by what I had to say. It certainly makes for an interesting debate. Thanks again!