Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hal Clement

Apparently (according to the quiz), I am now a writer of science fiction, not just a reader. Something to keep in mind on this blog. Is it science? Or is it fiction? Not even your faithful blogger knows for sure. (hat tip to How's That for a Slice of Fried Gold)
I am:
Hal Clement (Harry C. Stubbs)
A quiet and underrated master of "hard science" fiction who, among other things, foresaw integrated circuits back in the 1940s.


Which science fiction writer are you?

2 comments:

The Young Swell said...

As a kid I loved Hal's "Mission of Gravity," but this test claims I'm Ursula K. LeGuin, a writer whose works I have not read.

(I mean, I'm aware of the plots of some of her books through osmosis, but never actually read one.)

Lockwood said...

Wee Mousie- "Mission of Gravity" sounds familiar, and I know I've read some of Clement's other pieces, but for the life of me, I don't recall them. I really should google up a list of his work, and see what looks familiar. LeGuin, on the other hand, I know pretty well- at least her works through early to mid 80's. I haven't read any of her more recent stuff.